PLEASE VISIT OUR SPONSORS
earning your business everyday
New & used vehicles with a full line service & parts dept. Call 765-932-2447 or 866-576-7874 or visit us on the web for more info.
open 7 days! dine-in or carry-out
PIT STOP PIZZA & PUB
Open for breakfast at 6 a.m., Mon-Sat. Steak special Fri-Sat. Daily homemade meal specials. 711 N. Main Street in Carthage. 765-565-6078
body repair experts
KNIGHTSTOWN COLLISION CENTER
Call 765-345-5380 for info/quote or visit us at 221 W. Main Street
Please refer to our News Archives for more news links or hit your "back" button to go to your previous page.
Lewisville Council to Receive Mowing Bids
February 20, 2008 - The Lewisville Town Council is expected to award a contract for the mowing of town properties at its March 4 meeting.
Persons interested in bidding for the 2008 mowing season contract must drop their quote off at the town office, 101 E. Main St., on March 1, 3 or 4, between the hours of 9-11:30 a.m. and 1-4:30 p.m. Bids may also be mailed to the Lewisville Town Council, P.O. Box 288, Lewisville, IN 47352, so long as they are received prior to the March 4 meeting, which begins at 6 p.m.
Prospective bidders should note the following conditions and terms of the mowing contract:
1. Areas to be mown include all town properties; Lewisville Park, excluding ball diamonds; around town's water tower, water plant and garage area; at the Houston Brick and Freeman Square; and the area on the north side of the Market Street and S.R. 103 intersection.
2. Contractor must remove all limbs and other items that would hinder mowing.
3. Bids must provide cost per mow, with trimming and weed-eating done every other mow.
4. Contractor must provide own mowing equipment, gasoline and oil.
5. Monthly claims must be submitted before town council's monthly meeting.
6. Contractors must provide a certificate of $1 million in insurance.
For more information, prospective bidders should call Clerk-Treasurer Sue Saunders at the Lewisville town office at (765) 987-7979.
Copyright © 2008 - Knightstown Banner, LLC - The Banner, PO Box 116, Knightstown, IN 46148 (765) 345-2292